Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back-to-back Baby Showers

A couple weeks ago, we had 2 baby showers in 1 weekend. The first one was in Memphis and was a couples shower from our friends at church. It was at Mitch and Lauren's house, who are our wonderful next door neighbors! We had great weather and their back yard was perfect for the shower. Here is everyone after eating barbecue for dinner.
Jenny made an amazing diaper cake... I personally think it's her best one yet! She is talented!!

Brett was THRILLED to get to open baby gifts with me. :) We had to explain what most of it was to him as we went along... he's learning quickly though!
Here is Brett trying to figure out what a tummy time mat is...

Most of the guys at the shower- Andy, Jonathan, Mark, Ryan, Joel, Dan, Brett, Barrett, Mitch, Baxter, and Benton.

Megan, Molly, Kim, Kelly, Katie, Michelle, and Jill. Michelle and I are due a few days apart with Jill following just a few weeks later!

Stacey, Kelly, Becca, and Lauren
Cecile Gray, Jill, Kelly, and Jenny

Thanks to everyone who helped with our shower or came to it! We had a really great time and it meant a lot to have the support of such wonderful friends!


Our second shower was in Nashville that my sweet cousins threw me (Rachel and Alex). It was at my grandmother's house and was mostly family and friends of family who attended.
The "Hostesses"- Rachel and Alex

Me with my mom

Rachel and Alex made an amazing diaper cake as well! They are like little Martha Stewarts! We are so excited to have a good jump-start on having diapers in the house... although it is going to be sad to take this pretty thing apart.
During the shower...
Lots to open!
Thank you Rachel and Alex (and Aunt Susan and Nano)! Everything was perfect and I appreciate it so much!

7 comments:

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Sorry we had to miss it!

Stacey Hays said...

It looks like baby Taylor is all set! I can't wait to meet her!

Claire Y said...

Great Post! I love all the pictures and I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery and of Taylor Grace!! Hope your last few weeks are good!

Anonymous said...

We're so excited to meet Taylor!

Shannon said...

So fun! Both those diaper cakes are incredible. I can't believe how close you are! I'm so excited for you guys I can't stand it. By the way, you look great!!!

Shannon said...

Any updates on your progress?

Callen and Michael Martin said...

yay for showers!!! looks like you are SET!! I can't wait to meet Taylor!!!!