Wednesday, June 25, 2008

8 1/2 Months Pregnant in Sonoma/Napa Valley!

To make a long story short, Brett has been doing some research (in all his free time) and submitted one of his abstracts to a gynecology oncology conference. His abstract was accepted, and they wanted Brett to do a presentation on it during the conference! This is a really big deal to do as a resident, much less an intern. The conference was held in Sonoma, and we thought it would be fun for me to tag along as well. I was a little apprehensive about going at first, but my doctor said I could go, and after all, I was going to be at a conference filled with OB/GYNs. And I've really been wanting to go to Napa/Sonoma Valley for a while now... but not necessarily pregnant. But I'm really glad I decided to go, because we had a great time together.

Brett was pretty nervous about his presentation... I was able to sneak in the back of the room to watch and he did an amazing job! He seriously did better than any of his practice sessions and even answered the questions he received at the end like a pro. So after the presentation, we got to relax a bit and actually see some of the area.

Because we booked the trip so late, most hotels were booked/really pricey, but we ended up LOVING the cottage we rented with Hidden Oak Inn. It even had a little kitchen and deck area.



Here is Brett relaxing by the pool after his presentation.

We didn't realize it until the 2nd day, but the car rental place gave us a convertible! It was so fun driving through wine country with such beautiful weather.

Here are some pics from several wineries that we visited.



Brett has promised that we will return when it's just the 2 of us!

7 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun.

Callen and Michael Martin said...

SO FUN!!! Great pictures!!! It looks like Taylor had fun too!!! I mean she could be there ANYDAY!!! AH!!!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

SO FUN!!! Great pictures!!! It looks like Taylor had fun too!!! I mean she could be there ANYDAY!!! AH!!!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

SO FUN!!! Great pictures!!! It looks like Taylor had fun too!!! I mean she could be there ANYDAY!!! AH!!!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

so sorry....i didn't mean to post multiple times!!!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you got to go with Brett! It looks like it was so much fun! And, way to go Brett!

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll had a fantastic trip! I'm so glad it all went well!