Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tomorrow is the day!

12 weeks
We are almost there!  I will be induced early tomorrow morning at Brigham and Women's Hospital and we are hoping the twins will arrive by mid-day.  I was told to be prepared for a large crowd for the delivery... between the different medical teams, there will be at least 15 people in the room!  It is comforting to know that we will be in good hands.  I had several doctor appointments this past week in Boston, and they are predicting Hudson to be around 6 pounds, 4 ounces and Harper to be 6 pounds, 10 ounces.  We are extremely thankful that we have made it this far and that they will hopefully be big and strong when they arrive!

I am also thankful that Brett will drive into Boston today and be by my side for the delivery (yay for not going into labor without him)!  My mom has been wonderful to have with me in Boston... she's been wheeling me around, carrying luggage, hailing taxi's, fetching food, and letting me just rest a bunch (which I'm sure has made her stir-crazy), all while sleeping in a 'bed' that's really a chair at night and not complaining!  She's a trooper.  We move into a furnished apartment today for a couple weeks, so I'm glad she will have a proper bed tonight! 

Please pray for a smooth delivery tomorrow.  Hudson will be delivered first and then they will perform a breech extraction to deliver Harper.  Please pray that goes smoothly.  We've been told we will hopefully get to hold Hudson long enough to take a quick picture and then he will immediately go to the NICU for IV prostaglandin and be closely monitored to ensure he does not need an immediate balloon septostomy (please pray he won't need this).  He will then be transferred likely within an hour to Boston Children's Cardiac ICU and have a full echocardiogram to ensure they know exactly what is going on.  Then, hopefully, we will schedule his heart surgery within a few days.  Thank you again everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  Obviously, this has been a journey for us and is far from over, but honestly, the Lord has sustained us, given us peace and comfort, and allowed us to be so thankful for what we have.

Oh the deep, deep love of Jesus
Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free
Rolling as a mighty ocean
In its fullness over me
Underneath me, all around me
Is the current of Your love
Leading onward, leading homeward
To Your glorious rest above

Oh the deep, deep love
All I need and trust
Is the deep, deep love of Jesus