Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a jam packed Memorial Day weekend.  Brett's birthday was on Sunday, and the poor guy was on call all weekend.  After about 3 hours of sleep, he came home to watch the kids so I could go to the Vermont Marathon.  My friend, Luiza, invited me a while back to be on her relay team "Momapalooza."  We each ran a leg of the 26.2 miles.   I was so nervous the day of the race, but it ended up being a lot of fun.  I can't believe how popular it is around here... wait, yes I can considering where I am.  :)

Action shots...
Brett surprised me with the kids... they made signs for me and cheered me on!  It really made my day.
That night, we grilled out steaks, and the kids and I made Brett his favorite homemade ice cream cake.  No party is complete without party hats these days... 
On Monday, we went for a hike at Mt. Philo.  It's a local state park about 20 minutes away, and we heard it's a great little hike for kids.  It took about 30 minutes, and the kids loved every minute.  Of course, we had to pretend to be Dora characters for most of the trip up.  
The views just don't get old...
We made it to the top and had a picnic lunch... Taylor said she was ready for a break because she was "starving" and "exhausted."  But she's already asking to go back... it really was a lot of fun. 

No comments: