Friday, December 23, 2011

Snow Date

Warning... kid free post! Rare these days... So last weekend, Brett and I had the best overnight date! It has been ridiculously long since we have been anywhere just the 2 of us. My mom came in town and babysat for us. We went up to Smugglers Notch resort, which is where we have season passes (and Taylor's ski school). We got there in the afternoon and tried out our new snow shoes. I never knew that snow shoes existed, but for my southern friends, it really makes it easy to walk in the snow. We are hoping to get some good exercise with them this winter.

Brett and I are randomly into playing Connect 4 right now. I know it sounds strange, but it was so fun to have a glass of wine and play Connect 4 in the condo before dinner. After, we put on our snow boots and walked to a delicious restaurant at the resort.

The next day, we went skiing! Can you tell it was COLD? We are right at the beginning of the season so all of the lifts weren't open, but we still had a great time. We are looking forward to lots of skiing this winter! :)

No comments: