Tuesday, October 25, 2011

More Fall Fun...


So this was my view driving home from preschool today! I literally pulled the car over and took the picture sitting in my car... My kids think I'm crazy. :)

So we are enjoying our first fall here. It is gorgeous... the pictures really don't do it justice. I know we are still in the honeymoon phase with Vermont, so excuse the excessive pictures! We just really feel blessed to experience this amazing place God created. Come visit us!

Speaking of visits, we had a recent one from Mimi and Grandaddy last week. We went to the pumpkin patch one day, which made Will very happy. Will is obsessed with pumpkins. For the past month or so, he has been pointing to every single pumpkin whether it's driving along, in grocery stores, etc and says "a daaaa." Needless to say, he was beside himself at the pumpkin patch.




We also went to Shelburne Inn again for their yummy brunch. Here is Taylor enjoying a nice glass of apple cider by the fire. (Behind the picture, Mommy was enjoying her first apple cider mimosa... very tasty).


So this is a little nutty, I know. It was Bailey's 6th birthday a couple weeks ago, and the kids had a ball celebrating. We had a real, organic dog cake (that Taylor sampled), and Bailey was a good sport. He kept his hat on throughout the party.

Last Sunday, I went to let Bailey outside and saw that we had a huge double rainbow outside. Again, the pics don't do it justice, but it was HUGE and so bright. I tried a million different things, but this was the most I could get in a picture.


Brett and I will be married 9 years this March, and we've never carved a pumpkin together. Weird? Anyways, Taylor and Will loved every moment... until the end. We meticulously cleaned out the pumpkin, roasted the seeds, traced the face from a stencil, and carved it. Everyone was perfectly happy. Then, we turned out the lights and lit the candle. Will started screaming. He freaked Taylor out so much that she started screaming too. So much for the grand finale. We quickly blew out the candle and decided it was bedtime.

3 comments:

Jen said...

wow-how beautiful...so are you missing the 80degree october days? yes, that's what it is today here...so much for fall weather in tn!
~jen

Michelle Adair said...

LOL! That is so funny! I asked LG last night to guess who was coming in 2 months and she screamed, SANTA CLAUS!!!!" I said, "OK, yes but guess who else?" "Who," she said? and when I said Tay Tay she was equally as excited!!!! Counting down the days!!!!!

jennie brooks said...

I cannot believe you live in that place- it looks like a postcard! Love seeing your pictures- hope you are having as much fun as it looks like you are!