Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Big changes!

Taylor has had some major changes lately... we got rid of the pacy and also converted her room from a nursery to a "big girl" room. She really has been wonderful about it all. We got rid of the pacy first... I explained to her that pacys are for babies and she's a big girl now. She then proceeded to throw her pacy at Bailey, and I went with it. I told her Bailey would take the pacy to little babies who needed them. I doubt that's in any parenting book, but it worked for us. Now she'll say, "Bailey... pacys... babies."

A few weeks later, we presented Tay with her very own big girl bed. We told her that she was getting a new bed with new special sheets several days in advance. She kept going "baaa baaaa" and we finally realized she thought we were saying "sheep" instead of sheets. Although it wasn't what she was expecting, she still loved her storytime sheets and has been doing great at staying in bed until we come get her. I have to admit I was a little emotional her last night in her crib. Here is Tay and her daddy rocking for the last time in her nursery.


Here's her new big girl room!


Onto the new nursery now...



We are being induced on the 16th! I think we're ready... for the most part!

7 comments:

Claire Y said...

Love love love the big girl room and the nursery!! I didn't know his name either-so cute! I hope you enjoy your last week of pregnancy in this heat--I am sure you are ready to meet Will! Miss you!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I can't believe how put together your house is! I have such a hard time decorating and putting stuff on the walls! It looks so cute!

Michelle Adair said...

I see pottery barn all over those rooms!! We are soooo much alike in that respect! Love it! Everything looks great!! Can't wait to meet Will!!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

Kelly both rooms look AMAZING!!!! The big girl bed is so cute and Will's room is SO sweet...the colors are very soothing! I love it all. I'm laughing at the sheep/sheet mix up...that is really funny!

Anca said...

Beautiful rooms. You are definately all about Pottery Barn. Adorable!

Unknown said...

The children's rooms are beautiful. We look forward to hearing of Will's srrival on Monday. Our love and good wishes to all of you.

Mary said...

Wow! I'm behind on the blog! How AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see pics of baby Will!