Friday, August 14, 2009

My new hobby...

Brett rarely shops, but when he does, he has some great luck. A couple months ago, he went to the Sears Outlet in search of a part for a weed-eater (that he found on the side of the road that he was trying to fix up...naturally). Anyways, he found an incredible deal ($47) on a really expensive sewing machine and brought this home to me as a surprise!

I didn't know I wanted a sewing machine, but I have loved having it! My mom was off for the summer and came down to Memphis a couple times and taught me a bunch. She is a great teacher... we would put Tay down for a nap and work, work, work! Here is the first thing we made (monogram courtesy of my neighbor, Lauren)...

My sister-in-law, Jen, has been sewing for a while, and she's taught me a lot as well. We went to the beach last week and sewed a ton during naps and at night. This is everything we accomplished in 5 days!

Here are some close-ups of some of the outfits I've made so far...

You can't tell, but this one is all tiny corduroy... and the covered buttons are so easy!


And this is what I was dealing with while I was trying to take pics of these outfits... Taylor has been without Bailey for 2 weeks and I think she missed him.


To get them out of my way, I opened the front door. Works every time...

6 comments:

Megan said...

Wow - these are great! Taylor is so lucky to have such a talented Mom : ) My mother is coming to visit at the end of August, and part of the agenda is breaking out my sewing machine for a quick refresher course!

Callen and Michael Martin said...

i love allllll the outfits!! she has a whole new wardrobe!! you are so talented!!! and i love your front door trick...that is pretty darn funny!!

Claire Y said...

Wow Kelly--You have made so many outfits! I just got a sewing machine and starting sewing last week too!!! It is so fun! I want to learn to make clothes but I haven't found any patterns that I like yet. what pattern brands do you like? We will have to talk soon and discuss our sewing!

Stacey Hays said...

Yay! Will you help me now???

Ashley said...

They are so cute! I would love to have that hobby if I had girls...there are so many cute things you can do!

Unknown said...

I am so impressed. You have learned so fast. I feel like it's taken me forever to learn. Jackson has a cute children's fabric store if you are ever down here. Hope to see you soon!