Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!

It is hard to believe that Taylor turned 6 months old yesterday... she was all smiles on her half birthday.

We had a great day yesterday... here she is waking up from her 12 hour night sleep.

We had a surprise outside when we woke up...

We first headed to the doctor for a check-up and shots. Taylor loves the big mirror on the exam table. This is definitely prior to the shots...

Here's Taylor in her high chair for some lunch (peas). She wasn't wild about them but tolerated them okay.

We played the rest of the day away...



We went out to eat for dinner, but Taylor got peas again.

So I started to get a tiny bit sentimental last night, because I don't think it had sunk in that Taylor is quickly growing out of the little baby stage. I spent an hour rocking her before bed (and we never rock her to sleep), and then Brett was sweet to watch all the camcorder footage from the last 6 months with me. I think it's so easy to get wrapped up in the "survival" phase that it's hard to appreciate and enjoy every day with your little one. Taylor is an absolute joy to us and we are so thankful to the Lord for giving us such a rich blessing.

5 comments:

Callen and Michael Martin said...

I can't believe she is already 6 months old!!!! I love all these pictures!! She is SUCH a happy baby!!! Awe.

Stacey Hays said...

Wow! I can't believe its already been 6 months!

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you! I went and got Lilley Grace at 4:15 am this morning when she woke up (which she does sometimes around 4, but she always goes back to sleep ON HER OWN) and put her in the bed with us!!! I NEVER do that but I just don't want the baby stage to pass without enjoying it as much as possible! I love this stage--L.G. is putting her arms out for me to pick her up and just all smiles all the time!! They'll be a year old before we know it!! :(

Shannon said...

Kelly, she is precious! It's crazy how fast time goes by. I'm glad you were able to take the time to look back and enjoy the sweet memories!

Anca said...

I am not sure she could be any cuter! Can't believe she is already 6 months old-you guys seem to be doing an AMAZING job of raising her. God is blessing you for sure--I will need many tips from you "experts".