Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Job Update

Since I became pregnant, one of the top 3 questions I've received over and over was "So what are you going to do about work?" Well for those of you on the edge of your seat, I finally have an answer.

I personally think this is one of the hardest decisions a mom has to make. I knew that I would love to try to work, but knew that working full-time with Brett's schedule would be so much stress, especially with my "all or none" personality. And I just wasn't willing to sacrifice all that time with Taylor, but no one works part-time and from home in my department. As most of you know, I hate to make decisions, so Brett gave me some good advice. He asked what would be my perfect situation and then go for that.

So to make a long, long story short,
my management created a new position for me that is part-time from home! It is a lateral move and I am changing from a device clinical trials to a pharmaceutical trial. I can work from home because the pharma trial is run by a CRO (Contract Research Organization) not in Memphis, so I can manage the CRO from home. I think I will actually love this job a lot more, because I am going back to project management instead of people management. The CRO deals with personnel issues, and I just make sure they are doing their job overall. And it will be fun and different to try pharma research. Initially, I will still need to go into the office 2 days a week, but hopefully can get down to 1 once I fully transition and learn my new job. For now, my mother-in-law, Jennifer, will watch Taylor 1 day a week and one of my sweet friends, Becca, has graciously agreed to watch her the other day.

The Lord continues to richly bless our lives... and I am so thankful to Him for perfectly working this out. I'll let you know how all of this goes!

4 comments:

Callen and Michael Martin said...

What a blessing!!!! This just seems like the perfect plan! When are you coming home for Christmas?

Shannon said...

Kelly, I am so happy for you. That is such a blessing.

Ashley said...

Your daughter is so cute! I found your blog from the reunion website that brett is on for briarcrest. we blog too--snipssnailspuppydogtailsmom.blogspot.com

hope ya'll are doing well

ashley donaldson

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.