Thursday, October 2, 2008

They're singing...Go Cubs Go...

Go Cubs Go...Hey Chicago, what do you say? Cubs are gonna win today.

So maybe they didn't win last night, but tonight is going to be different. We had baseball night last night and watched the game while eating baseball park food... hot dogs, cheese dip, etc. It was a lot of fun, despite the outcome of the game.

Many of you may not know this about me, but I have been a Cubs fan since I was little. I would intensely watch the games and listen to Harry Caray and Steve Stone. I could recite the line-up forwards and backwards, and I was convinced that I would marry Mark Grace one day, even though Damon Berryhill was pretty handsome as well. Tough choice...
vs
But Ryne Sandberg was always my favorite and held a special place in my heart. He got an entire page devoted to him in my baseball card binder. I have been to Wrigley twice... the first time when I was little and Harry Caray still sung the seventh inning stretch. Then Brett and I got to go in 2004.


So here's the Cubs schedule for the rest of the games... Zambrano is pitching tonight so it should be a good one!!

5 comments:

Callen and Michael Martin said...

Kelly...HOW did I not know this about you? This is major information!!! I love a girl who loves baseball!!!

Mary said...

Seriously! I don't know how us Dodgers fans feel about this ...

Megan said...

Wow! I had no clue : ) I worked at the Rangers' ballpark in Arlington, TX one summer in highschool and thought I was in heaven! I had a life sized Rusty Greer poster in my bedroom in high school. Congrats to the Cubs - hope they win tonight for you!

Claire Y said...

I second what Callen said--How did I not know this about you???

lindley said...

I did know you were a Cubs fan and though I'm a big Red Sox fan--I think it's too cute that you thought you were going to marry one of them! I feel for your Cubbies!!!
Additionally---your Taylor is SOOO precious. Charlie needs to be at the front of her line when Brett starts letting her date!! :)